Cloud refers to proving the computing resources like servers, networks, storage, services, and applications whereas SaaS refers to give access to particular software for users’ purposes.
Cloud refers to computing as a utility whereas SaaS refers to the application as a utility.
Public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid cloud are types of cloud platforms whereas packaging software, collaborative software, Enabling, and management tools are types of SaaS-based cloud platforms.
Public cloud: provide services to various clients at a time by using the same shared external infrastructure.
Private cloud: provides their environment to just one dedicated company.
Hybrid cloud: is a combination of both public cloud and private cloud that provide more complex solutions. For example, in the private cloud, it is suitable for a business requiring storage for sensitive information, and in the public cloud, it can provide more general content.
Package software: provide more significant services in the SaaS market that can serve specific purposes like CRM and HR.
Collaborative software: can provide all sorts of collaborative efforts like document collaboration, project planning, instant messaging, and web conferencing.
Enabling and management tools: is a development tool required by developers during the creation and extension of the SaaS platform. This tool is used for testing and monitoring purposes.
- Cloud platform minimizes the spending on infrastructure that means your staff members do not need to spend time installing and monitoring new hardware on your devices. While SaaS cloud platform saves the time for installing configuration and minimize issues during software deployment.
- The cloud platform provides flexibility in integration that means many cloud services provide options for integrating these services with other services. While the SaaS cloud platform provides flexibility in cost. It can reduce the cost because the SaaS is mostly located in a shared or multi-tenant environment.
- The cloud platform provides scalability if you need some extra servers and more storage capacity. While SaaS provides scalability and integration because it is situated in a cloud environment that is scalable and can be integrated with other SaaS solutions.
- The cloud platform provides accessibility features because the application running on the cloud can be accessible on all the devices from any location. While providing accessibility options for new releases because the SaaS providers can upgrade users’ solutions on their own for new features without users’ recommendations.
- The cloud platform provides immediate time to value options because speed is one of the most valuable advantages provided by the cloud. SaaS provides an ease to use option because it always comes up with best practices and samples inside them.
Amazon Web services, Microsoft Azure, and Google cloud platform are examples of cloud-based platform whereas Google Apps, Office 365, Netflix, Cisco WebEx are examples of SaaS.
Automate your web development – check buddy.works/actions
Utilizing all cloud computing infrastructure is a valuable option for large companies that require significant control over sensitive information and for those who want 100% control all over the infrastructure without maintaining it physically. Large companies can easily afford those types of infrastructure. It is difficult for companies to make the right choice according to their specific requirements because each model suggests some particular functionalities.
This article was written in collaboration with experts from the Buddy